Thursday, June 30, 2011

Two Down, Ten to go

This inpatient session wasn’t as nearly as hard as the first one. Although by the end I was getting restless, 4 days is much more doable than 6. I still have the same outpatient cycle this coming week as I did the first time, but I am much more ready for it this go around. I am in the middle of my search for a new hobby. I have considered building model cars/ planes and even things like knitting. I have to find something to do so that when I get “chemo- brain” as one nurse called it, I can still occupy my time and not just sit around and get bored. I am glad I am getting out today, I was starting to have weird dreams last night, that was one of the hardest parts of the first round was the strange dreams I was having. I would wake up and be out of it for a little bit, one time I had to pull up membership reports on my computer to convince myself I was really awake and pull my mind back into the real world.
Barring any major setbacks like another infection, I fully plan on going to work after my blood counts go back up. It will most likely only be for a day or two, but it will be nice to get back and help out where ever I can.
Monday june 27, 2011
Ugh, I thought I would feel better this time, but nope. I took myself to my dr’s appointment today and that was a mistake. I felt fine most of the day because I was inside my own little box, once I got outside I started having hot flashes and everything hit me all at once. Luckily for me, my appointment took all of 5 minutes, but I will definitely not be taking myself to any more appointments the day after a chemo treatment. Im going to have to stay in my box of an apartment for a while longer from now on. So if you want to see me that’s where ill be. When I get the energy I will get up, but especially the first couple days after a treatment, don’t expect much from me. The fact that I can’t do anything is starting to annoy me, but as long as I don’t get sick this time, ill be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment