Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A couple of things

There were a couple other things i wanted to share before i start my 3rd round of chemo. Well actually before i forget and then mention them a ways down the road when they are all way out of context and i have you the readers saying what in the heck does that have to do with anything?

I would like to thank all the guys that went through with it and shaved their heads in support of me. Shout outs to Tyler Smith, Ryan Ottoway, Joe Bergkamp, Dad, Uncle Frank, Jake Quigley (in Cuba), Eric Knight, and Jaime Verbeckmoes. I am in the process of getting an album of myself and all these dudes beautiful bald or baldish heads together and will have it on facebook. After i get all the photos i might work on some sort of photo collage for this blog, because i have that much time. If you see one of these guys out and about tell them how awesome they are.

I reached out to a friend of mine from college named Kyle. His wife has Leukemia and has been battling it for over a year. Her name is Shea and she recently had a bone marrow transplant and has a really inspirational story. If you have the time please check out her Caring Bridge site and let her know how amazing and strong she is. I have requested a that they send me a Team Shea shirt, so i can wear it in support of them. Just by knowing what a great guy Kyle is and reading all about Shea's journey i am truly inspired to be more upbeat and try to have more fun with my life while i go through my remaining cycles. I am going to work on making some Team Paul shirts for all of you that are interested in taking my fight to the next level.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sheakohman

The Zoo is having their next fundraiser for Penguins on July 27. Here is a little info about the event from the event description on Facebook:


How can you help bring penguins to the Zoo? Join us for a fun-raiser at Flights for Flippers on Wednesday, July 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. in Africa. Sample wines, taste savory appetizers from Coal Vines Pizza and Wine Bar, take a boat ride on the lagoon, enter to win fabulous prizes plus, take a ride on the New African Sky Safari from 5 to 7:30 p.m.

Jam with The Shanks from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The Shanks play a wide variety of songs for every audience, and they have a great stage show!

Tickets are $20 for Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) Members and $30 for Non-FOTZ Members. Become a Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) Member Today to earn the $10 per person discount to Flights for Flippers! Tickets are available on www.kansascityzoo.org.

***Please note that this is a 21 and older event. No refunds will be given after registration closes; however, you may transfer your tickets to another name.

I am going to try to get some shirt made and delivered before the event so if you are interested in supporting me and the ZOO, you can go to the event in style!

Well i gotta go, time to get the old blood counts checked and see if i can start round three of chemo today or tomorrow. I'm going to work some pictures into my blog during the next week or so. Maybe including a few friendly faces from around the hospital so even if you can't make it to visit me, you can see the wonderful people that take care of me while im at my home away from home.

Paul

3 comments:

  1. Bubba and I want shirts for Wed. if you have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey P Man

    I would love a Team Paul shirt as I am DEFINATLY on your team!

    Hugs

    Aunt Bets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, I would love to send you the photographs I took today. Please send me your email, mine is samanthashotton@sbcglobal.net.
    Please know that I have taken care of many people in my 12 years at St.Lukes...you are somebody very special and have been a gift to my life. Many times this can be a fleeting relationship but, that never makes me sad because I know that these relationships will live within me forever. As healthcare providers we occasionally (unknowingling) crave a deeper connection with those we care for. I believe because you have been so available to us that you enhanced our world in a forever way.

    Thank you,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete